Careers at GCD
Job Opening: Data Analyst - Member Support Executive
Employer: Global Credit Data
Position Type: Full time, Long term contractor
Location: Canada (Remote)
Compensation: Aligned with banking industry
Application Deadline: Applications processed as soon as received.
The Mission of Global Credit Data
‘By banks, for banks’
The Global Credit Data Consortium (GCD) was created in 2004 by its Member Banks to pool data, analysis, and research initially on credit risk, and to promote a better understanding of bank risks. GCD operates globally for 50+ banks and G-SIBs, providing a safe space for knowledge sharing and measurable continuous improvement of quality data collected and shared with its members.
GCD staff is currently distributed in Europe and North America, and runs databases, working groups, conferences and performs analytics, all dedicated to the needs of its members. Its current roadmap is to develop further and serve the wider credit industry.
The Member Support Executive will be responsible for maximizing the user experience for existing and potential member banks. The successful candidate will work closely with the North American Executive and operate within GCD's internal resources and external service providers to help members and potential members with data and knowledge sharing needs, contribute to GCD's public presence and events, and take the lead on specific GCD initiatives in the field of risk management.
The role requires the ability to perform complex data analysis using multiple sources / data models, etc and to create meaningful reports and visualizations to help member banks understand and utilize this data effectively.
The successful candidate is expected to become an expert in the GCD data models and to establish a strong working relationship with member banks at an operational level and to be a part of the global Member Support team.
Member Development and Services
- Directly support credit risk professionals of GCD member banks to help them gather data and use various GCD platforms
- Anticipate member needs for improved data experience, demonstrate the use of GCD data by member banks, including training of member staff, presentations, visits, etc.
- Plan and manage various projects for changes in the data model, documentation, analytics, or reporting.
- Help new member banks to prepare their internal risk data in line with GCD data model.
- Develop strong analytics and reports on GCD databases for both internal and external use.
- Review and analyze member data submissions as part of GCD’s data quality program.
- Organize initiatives such as members’ working groups, surveys, and research on specific topics.
- Execute sales strategy toward potential members by promoting the benefits of GCD data and services.
- Monitor member satisfaction and retention processes.
- Support the Methodology Committee and working groups.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Relevant University degree(s)
- Experience with Data programming language like SAS, Python, R etc
- Experience with Data Visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, QlikView etc
- Strong Excel and other Microsoft Office Software
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong personal relations skills and positive attitude
- Track record of successful completion of transversal projects
- High attention to detail and self-motivated
- Flexible working-hours
- A proven record of absolute discretion with confidential information is a must.
- Proficiency in English. Other languages would be a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel to our members’ premises and conferences mainly in North America and occasionally rest of the world.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Credit Risk and/or other areas of Risk Management acquired in the Banking industry, preferably including regulatory and economic capital, Stress testing/CCAR and IFRS9/CECL would be an asset.
- Knowledge of common practices in credit risk, including expected loss (PD, LGD, EAD) methodologies would be an asset.
- Ability to design and execute complex data manipulation and analysis (ETL, Data Visualization or manipulation tooling).
- Experience in Data Quality, Process automation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience with the GCD databases would be an asset.
- Experience in Project management or stream lead would be an asset.
- Experience in presale / sales would be an asset.
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Working from home: Support to make your home working environment comfortable.
- Travel: Commuter benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative, and social team environment
Global Credit Data is registered in The Netherlands. We are recruiting a person who has the right to live and work in North America and the right to travel freely globally. All executives work from their own home office, or a specific GCD location as appropriate, with Global Credit Data supplying relevant materials. Global Credit Data has a policy to offer remuneration competitive with similar roles in the Finance Industry.
Global Credit data has a policy of equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
- Please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org